The day I found out some Chex flavors were officially gluten free was one of the best days of my life. I hadn’t had cereal in what seemed like forever, and I knew this discovery was a dangerous one. Once I get my hands on something typically forbidden and glutenous, I might as well go ahead and throw on my fat pants.
Anyway, being the carboholic I am, I scoured the house trying to find an excuse to eat some Chex. The boring with-milk option wasn’t going to cut it. I dreamed up the greatest twist on an old classic – the crispy treat. This concoction was gone so quickly, it may have even been a dream.
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1-2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Honey Nut Chex (no other!)
- Melt the marshmallows and margarine in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter and mix until a beautiful, gooey, sugary delight is born.
- Remove pot from the heat. Carefully fold in Chex. Spread Chex Crispies in a sprayed pan and smash down with a sprayed spatula.
- If possible, let the crispies cool before eating the whole batch. By yourself.